Top-Notch Marble Slabs for Countertops
Edge Stoneworks is your premier destination for exquisite marble countertop installation services in Ozark, MO, and Springfield, MO. Immerse yourself in the luxurious allure of marble as we bring elegance and sophistication to your home. With a commitment to exceptional craftsmanship, affordable pricing, and unparalleled customer service, we strive to exceed your expectations. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and take the first step toward transforming your home into a masterpiece.
Benefits of Marble Countertops
Marble countertops offer a range of benefits that make them a desirable choice for homeowners seeking elegance and sophistication. Some of the top advantages include:
- Timeless beauty
- Variety of colors and styles
- Cool temperature
Marble Countertop Care & Maintenance
Caring for and maintaining marble countertops is essential to preserve their natural beauty and longevity. Here are some tips from our experienced team:
- Clean Spills Immediately – Marble is porous and prone to staining, so cleaning up spills immediately is important. Blot the spill with a soft cloth or paper towel to absorb the liquid, avoiding wiping, which may spread the spill.
- Use Mild Cleaning Solutions – When cleaning marble countertops, use a pH-neutral, non-abrasive cleaner specifically designed for natural stone. Avoid using acidic or abrasive cleaners, as they can etch or damage the surface.
- Avoid Harsh Scrubbing – Use a soft cloth or sponge to clean the marble surface. Avoid using abrasive scrub brushes or scouring pads that can scratch the delicate surface of the marble.
- Protect From Heat – Marble is sensitive to heat, so always use trivets or hot pads under hot pans, pots, or other heated objects to prevent thermal damage. Avoid placing hot items directly on the marble surface.
- Use Cutting Boards and Coasters – To prevent scratching and staining, always use cutting boards when chopping or preparing food on marble countertops. Additionally, use coasters or mats under glasses, bottles, or containers to prevent moisture rings.
- Seal the Marble – Marble countertops should be sealed to protect them from stains and etching. Follow the manufacturer’s guidelines for sealing and regularly reseal the surface as recommended.
- Avoid Chemicals and Acids – Avoid using acidic cleaners, such as vinegar or lemon juice, on marble countertops. These can etch the surface and cause permanent damage. Similarly, avoid using harsh chemicals or bleach.
Granite vs Marble vs Quartz Countertops
Granite, marble, and quartz are three popular countertops options, each offering unique features and benefits. Let’s compare these materials to help you make an informed decision:
- Appearance – Granite provides a diverse range of colors, patterns, and textures, including speckles, swirls, and veining.
- Durability – As one of the hardest natural stones, granite is highly resistant to scratches, heat, and stains.
- Cost – Granite countertops can vary in price depending on factors such as color, rarity, and origin. Generally, they fall within a mid to high price range.
- Appearance – Marble is highly regarded for its elegant and timeless beauty. It showcases unique veining patterns and a smooth, polished surface that adds a touch of luxury and sophistication.
- Durability – While marble is softer than granite, it is still durable. However, it requires more care to prevent scratching, staining, and etching from acidic substances like citrus juices.
- Cost – Marble countertops tend to be more expensive compared to granite due to their luxurious appearance and relative rarity.
- Appearance – Quartz countertops are engineered using crushed quartz mixed with resin and pigments, resulting in a wide range of colors and patterns. They offer versatility and can mimic the look of natural stone.
- Maintenance – Quartz countertops are low maintenance and easy to clean. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or scrubbing pads to prevent potential surface damage.
- Cost – Quartz countertops typically fall within a similar price range as high-end granite or marble. The cost may vary depending on the brand, design, and installation factors.
Contact Edge Stoneworks
At Edge Stoneworks, we understand the allure of marble and its ability to elevate any space with its unparalleled beauty. As the leading provider of marble slabs for kitchen countertops in Ozark and Springfield, MO, we are dedicated to creating stunning and sophisticated environments for our clients. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and let our team guide you through the process of transforming your home with the timeless elegance of marble.